Following a solid previews night performance, The Batman is expected to have a successful opening weekend at the box office. Just on its opening day alone, Matt Reeves’ The Batman grossed $57 million at the domestic box office and is now expected to gross around $120 million on its first weekend. This marks The Batman has the largest opening of 2022 so far. It is also the second-best opening since the pandemic began after Sony’s Spider-Man: No Way Home in December, which grossed $260 million opening weekend. Globally, The Batman grosses $111 million through Friday.
Robert Pattinson surprises audiences at the TCL Chinese Theatre in Hollywood Friday night:
View this post on Instagram
The month of March is looking very promising for The Batman given that no major tentpoles are releasing until Sony’s Morbius, which is finally going to hit theatres in April after many delays, giving the film plenty of time to continue to make big bucks at the box office both domestically and globally.
The Batman stars Robert Pattinson as Bruce Wayne, Zoë Kravitz as Catwoman, Paul Dano as the Riddler, Colin Farrell as the Penguin, and Barry Keoghan as a mystery character.
Here is the complete top 10 films list at the box office this weekend:
1. The Batman (Opening Weekend) – Total: $120 million
2. Uncharted (Week Three) – Total: $101.6 million
3. Dog (Week Three) – Total: $40.4 million
4. Spider-Man: No Way Home (Week 12) – Total: $786.8 million
5. Death on the Nile (Week Four) – Total: $36.9 million
6. Sing 2 (Week 11) – Total: 153.8 million
7. Jackass Forever (Week Five) – Total: $54.6 million
8. Cyrano (Week Two) – Total: $2.57 million
9. Scream (Week Eight) – Total: $80.2 million
10. Gangubai Kathiawadi (Week Two) – Total: $1.7 million
The Batman is now playing in theatres and is expected to hit HBO Max on April 19.