Thor star Chris Hemsworth has officially filmed the last film in his contract, but according to Super Hero Hype, he says he hopes it’s not his last. The 34-year-old Australian actor says he admits that a few films ago, he couldn’t wait to be out of his contract, but that was before his character went through a few face lifts and he’s got a new fire in his belly to see what becomes of his character in a post-Thanos world. Considering how well-receieved Taika Waititi’s Thor: Ragnorak was, it seems that audiences would be more than happy to watch the god of thunder return to the big screen.
As of yet, Hemsworth says there has been no official talks between him and Marvel for a new contract, but he’s hopeful. Only time will tell.
The last two films featuring Chris Hemsworth are Avengers: Infinity War, Part One as well Infinity War, Part Two. The first of these slated to be released in theaters on May 4 of this year and the second is set for next May 3 2019, meaning that we will be seeing Thor at a much more frequent rate than we have lately, with one Thor-featuring film a year for three years, including last year’s Thor: Ragnarok.