The list is out and 9 Foreign Language Films are now being considered for the coveted title of Best Foreign Language Feature. Of those include a wide range of movies from various countries spanning from Chile all the way to Sweden.
The complete list is here:
- From Chile, A Fantastic Woman, directed by Sebastián Lelio.
- Germany is In the Fade, directed by Fatih Akin.
- Hungary’s On Body and Soul, under the direction of Ildikó Enyedi.
- Israel’s Foxtrot, directed by Samuel Maoz.
- Lebanon’s The Insult, under the direction of Ziad Doueiri.
- Russia’s Loveless, directed by Andrey Zvyagintsev.
- Senegal’s Félicité, directed by Alain Gomis.
- South Africa,’s The Wound, directed by John Trengove.
- And from Sweden, The Square, directed by Ruben Östlund.
The films will go through a three day viewing period where various members of the academy of the Foreign language film executive committee will participate in a second round of voting after watching all nine films in a screening room. The films will be shown three movies a day from Friday January 12 through Sunday January 14 and the final list will be announced Tuesday January 23, 2018.
The 90th Annual Academy Awards will broadcast live from the Dolby Theatre on Sunday March 4th on the ABC Network at 6:30 EST/ 3:30 for the west coast. It will also air in more then 225 countries and territories world wide.