SPOILER ALERT! Hang on to your lightsabers, Star Wars fans! The Internet is buzzing with a report of the (possible) death of a beloved main character in the upcoming Star Wars: The Force Awakens. A report on the popular website Making Star Wars purports to have inside info on some scenes shot at Britain’s Pinewood Studios that indicate that someone central to the series since the original Episode IV: A New Hope may, in fact, be leaving our Star Wars universe for good. Editor-in-Chief of Making Star Wars, Jason Ward, stands by the veracity of his source and insists the information is “very accurate,” but we’ve still got a lot of time before the film is released, so much can change. For details on the rumor, check out the plot details below, but again, seriously – SPOILER ALERT!
According to Jason, a “trusted source” who has supposedly been proven right numerous times, has provided the following details:
- This sequence takes place on the ramparts of The Evil Castle.
- Han Solo is hiding.
- He decides to reveal himself to Kylo Renn.
- Finn, Rey, Chewbacca and BB-8 stop in their tracks.
- They watch as Han Solo confronts Kylo Ren. Kylo Rnn silences the conversation forever.
- Chewbacca lets out of a barrage of angry roars and laser blasts.
- Kylo Ren flees the scene.
- Stormtroopers file in and Finn and Rey are forced to flee.
- More explosions.
- BB-8 and Chewbacca flee to the Falcon.
Han Solo is never in a scene after this. Those are the facts.
If those facts do indeed pan out, it will be interesting to see how long-time fans react to the loss of the enigmatic Han Solo (Harrison Ford). If in fact this is a misdirect to maintain interest in the film, then one has to tip their cap to J.J. Abrams and co. For now, we’ll just have to wait and see where this goes.
Star Wars: The Force Awakens, directed by J.J. Abrams and reuniting original cast members Ford (the upcoming Age of Adaline), Mark Hamill (Kingsman: The Secret Service) and Carrie Fisher, is slated for a December 18th release.