The latest Star Wars: The Force Awakens TV spot was released and it continues to give us more hints at the upcoming movie. Disney used it’s TV network ABC to release the second TV spot.
Most of the material is recycled material from previous trailers, but we do get some new scenes of never before seen material. I’ve narrowed the list to five new scenes that are noteworthy.
- Kylo Ren (Adam Driver) continues to get more exposure as the new baddy in the Star Wars universe. “I’ll show them the Dark Side,” he utters to a backdrop of the New Order causing havoc.
- We get a clear look at how Finn (John Boyega) is supposed to escape from the New Order. His Tie Fighter flies off into space from a base into a scene where it gets shot down and it lands in a dessert planet we can only guess to be Tatooine, where he eventually meets up with Rey (Daisy Ridley).
- Later on in the trailer, Han Solo hands Rey a blaster before warning her, “you might need this.” The connection between Rey and Han Solo has been really played up in the trailer, we’re curious to see what it means.
- About 47 seconds in, we get a brief glimpse at a meeting inside the Resistance, with what looks like Princess Leia in the middle of the round table.
- And last but not least, we get our first glimpse of the black X-wing which we guess will be flown by Poe Dameron (Oscar Issac).
The rest of the trailer is filled with lightsaver action and New Order/Resistance battles. You can check out the entire 60-second TV spot below.