Marvel Entertainment, director Ryan Coogler, and fans everywhere are cheering Black Panther on as it takes another leap into the domestic movie grossing stratosphere. The action film has grossed a total of $506.4 million domestically. In fact, last Monday, the film brought in a shocking $4.7 million in the US alone. An even more amazing layer to Black Panther’s meteoric rise is the timeframe, as the film has been in theaters for less than two and half weeks!
Another point of interest, mentioned in Forbes, is that Black Panther owns the distinct achievement as the single non-Iron Man and non-Batman comic book hero-based flick to rest on its laurels in the top ten. According to Slashfilm.com, the top ten domestic grossing movies can be see below in their entirety:
1. Star Wars: The Force Awakens ($936 mil)
2. Avatar ($760 mil)
3. Titanic ($659 mil)
4. Jurassic World ($652 mil)
5. Marvel’s The Avengers ($623 mil)
6. Star Wars: The Last Jedi ($619 mil)
7. The Dark Knight ($534 mil)
8. Rogue One: A Star Wars Story ($532 mil)
9. Black Panther ($506.4 mil)
10. Beauty and the Beast ($504.1 mil)
Only time will tell as to whether or not Black Panther will reach higher and higher spots, but it certainly has established itself as a pop culture phenomenon!