Buy movies on this topic at | Amazon
The 67th ACE Eddie Awards took place Friday evening in Beverly Hills, acknowledging the best achievements in the craft of film editing throughout the 2016 calendar year. The annual awards, one of the many guilds set to honor the various crafts departments in cinema, were voted on by film editors themselves, members of the American Cinema Editors guild. The winners acknowledged by specific guilds – and more so throughout the industry at large – may also offer a clue as to what may eventually win Academy Awards one month from now.
BEST EDITED FEATURE FILM (DRAMATIC): Arrival – Joe Walker, ACE
- Hacksaw Ridge - John Gilbert
- Hell or High Water – Jake Roberts
- Manchester by the Sea – Jennifer Lame
- Moonlight – Nat Sanders, Joi McMillon
BEST EDITED FEATURE FILM (COMEDY): La La Land – Tom Cross, ACE
- Deadpool – Julian Clarke
- Hail, Caesar! – Roderick Jaynes
- The Jungle Book – Mark Livolsi
- The Lobster – Yorgos Mavropsaridis
BEST EDITED ANIMATED FEATURE FILM: Zootopia – Fabienne Rawley & Jeremy Milton
- Kubo and the Two Strings – Christopher Murrie
- Moana – Jeff Draheim
BEST EDITED DOCUMENTARY (FEATURE): O.J.: Made in America – Bret Granato, Maya Mumma & Ben Sozanski
- 13th – Spencer Averick
- Amanda Knox – Matthew Hamachek
- The Beatles: Eight Days a Week – The Touring Years – Paul Crowder
- Weiner – Eli B. Despres
Additionally, filmmaker J.J. Abrams, Thelma Schoonmasker, ACE, Janet Ashikaga, ACE, Lori Colemasn, ACE, Diasna Friedberg, ACE and William Gordean, ACE all received special awards at the ceremony as well.
The Oscar nominees in the category of Best Film Editing are Arrival, Hacksaw Ridge, Hell or High Water, La La Land and Moonlight.